Wednesday 2 June 2010

Life in Fez : The Story of a Cemetery

A while ago, I discovered the Christian cemetery, in the Ville Nouvelle of Fez.

People buried here are mostly French, Spanish et Italian; but, in the military area, there are also a lot of Moroccans, and Sub-Saharan Africans.

Thousands of stories are buried there - I would love to know more about them.

Cimetière chrétien de Fès



Cimetière chrétien de Fès


Cimetière chrétien de Fès



Cimetière chrétien de Fès


Cimetière chrétien de Fès


Cimetière chrétien de Fès


Cimetière chrétien de Fès



Cimetière chrétien de Fès




Cimetière chrétien de Fès


Cimetière chrétien de Fès

Cimetière chrétien de Fès

Cimetière chrétien de Fès

- I know I have been writing much on the blog lately. Lots, lots of work. But I update my French blog more regularly, so if you want to see more pictures of Ceuta, this lovely Spanish/African town, go here; and to know more about our home-made (and tiny) recording studio - for our job at Luxe Radio - it's here.

3 comments:

baresytapas said...

I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.

Kacem El Ghazzali said...

Hello,
Thanks for the pictures they're really nice!
this Cemetery is not like those we have around here :) mostly here are careless and used to hose homless ppl :))
thank you
Kacem
http://bahmut.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Marie,

I just have a quick question for you but couldn't find an email so had to resort to this. I am a green/environmental blogger. Please email me back at barbaraobrien@maacenter.org when you get a chance. Thanks.

Barbara